Matt Heuertz Scholarship Program
Each Spring, CCAI solicits applications for the Matt Heuertz Scholarship program honoring the first CCAI Executive Director, who served for 16 years. This scholarship program provides funding for selected students that meet the requirements described herein. The primary objective is to encourage education in finishing and coating technology. This program can be adjusted by the CCAI Board of Directors.
- Contribute to the funding of education that could lead to a career in the finishing industry
- Stimulate interest in finishing
- Encourage finishing-related curriculum
- Provide financial assistance to students
- Gain public relations exposure for our association and industry
- High school senior planning to attend college or technical school or a current college or technical school student
- Sincere interest in supervision, production & processing, engineering, management, chemistry or quality control in the finishing industry
- Minimum of 2.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale
- Enrolled in a technical or degree granting program that would qualify the student to be hired into the industrial finishing industry.
INFORMATION REQUIRED FROM STUDENT APPLICANTS
- CCAI Scholarship Application
- Transcript or other grade verification
- Resume & Photo
- A completed application accompanied by transcript/grade information along with a resume and photo must be submitted by the annual application deadline.
- The application submission time is normally Jan. 1 – April 1 each calendar year.
- All applications will be reviewed by CCAI’s Education Committee, who will recommend students to receive awards to the CCAI National Board.
- The National Board of Directors will vote on the final applicants in May. The scholarship recipients will be notified in June with an announcement and the award will be presented at the CCAI Annual Meeting or a Chapter event.
- Award amount will be determined by the National Board of Directors each year.
- Award recipient will receive a complimentary student membership in CCAI All applications will eligible to submit an application to local Chapters for their scholarship awards as well.